Friday, February 15, 2008

"There's a little girl inside Kelly, There's a little girl inside Kelly"

Well Kelly has been asking me to write something so here I go. I can't believe we are going to have a little girl. I stare at her ultrasound pictures every day and think "wow, part of my DNA is inside this little precious baby" or repeatedly saying "there is a little girl inside Kelly, there is a little girl inside Kelly" with each phrase being as surreal as the last. I'm still not used to it and I'm sure when I'm holding her I will feel like I'm dreaming. I can't wait to see her, to hold her, to play with her, to protect her, and to watch her learn. Every day has been like Christmas Eve, waiting with anticipation for our little gift from God. Today Kelly and I went to the doctor and learned that she is 1cm dilated! The doctor "roughed her up" as Kelly put it to help motivate the labor process so it really could happen any day now but could also take another couple of weeks so who knows. Ok, I've gotta go, sitting here is really boring. I want a little baby today!

Dad

No comments: