At 4:16 am my courageous wife gave birth to a little girl who tipped the scales at 8lbs 3oz with a length of 20 1/2 inches. Ashley is currently swaddled in a comfy blanket on a pillow in her mother's lap. She has dark blue eyes like her mother and cute little lips like her dada. What amazes us is that Ashley has no idea who we are, yet we have known her for 10 months. They say this is supposed to be the greatest day of your life but I am so overwhelmed with emotion I'm not sure exactly what it is I feel. As I write this at 11:23am on Friday I still only have the capacity to be amazed at our little child, there is not yet enough room or comprehension to grasp the miracle we witnessed early this morning. But one thing is for sure, my love for her as well as for Kelly is growing by the minute. Thank you Jesus for this precious little gift we call our daughter. For you are good and your mercy endureth forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment