Wednesday, February 6, 2008

2 Weeks till due date



So we are really in the home stretch now. Hard to believe that we have entered the birth month of our little girl. The due date, February 20th is now a mere 2 weeks away, which seems insignificant considering we have gone through 38 weeks of pregnancy so far. We thought to pass the time we might get a blog started to keep friends and family updated...

My belly has continued to grow especially in the last week or so. I am beginning to feel the limitations of the skin that is stretched to its maximum across my stomach. To me this is a sure sign that she will be coming soon, because there is just no more room in the inn. Time to pack your bags little girl! Everything else, physically speaking, is as expected. My feet and hands are a bit swollen and the only pair of sneakers that have been wearable in the past are getting tighter and tighter. Flip-flops in February may just be the solution. Thank goodness we live in California.

Emotionally and mentally speaking I kind of go up and down with how I feel about the impending big day. I am certainly excited to finally meet her. And on top of that also very excited to finally get to announce her name to the world. However, I can't help feeling how big the day will be in terms of over-all significance. After all don't most people say the biggest day of their life was when they gave birth to their kids? To know that day is upon us makes me think a bit. How do you wrap your head around bringing in a new life to the world? By the way, when did I grow up enough to have a baby?

Our little girl continues to be active. She generally has a good strong case of the hiccups 1-2 times per day. She also likes to stick her heel out the right side of my stomach to say hello. She is yet to let me grab it though. It seems she likes to keep to herself and often goes into hiding when she knows someone wants to play with her.

Well as you can see from the time posting it is 3am. My sleep hours have somehow got switched around. It began to get harder to sleep during the night so I took to taking "naps" during the day. Mostly I fall asleep around 2am or so and sleep until 11am. I think really this is just the body's way of getting me ready for a crazy sleep schedule. That will be an adventure all in itself.

No comments: