Ashley has taken an interest in seeing herself in family videos. It started out with an obsession with the small clips we take on my pink camera, particularly of sprinkler jumping and the 4th of July. Now we have moved to the real videos of her as a baby taken with our video camera. We just so happened to pick out a tape that had Ashley when she was Caitlyn's age. Boy did that throw us for a loop. We've decided Caitlyn looks ALOT like Ashley did at her age. The only main difference is Ashley's lips/mouth is a bit smaller and Caitlyn has a bit more hair! In fact we would have a hard time discerning who we were looking at if I wasn't saying "Ashley" in the video. Ashley, thinking that we were watching a 'movie' about baby Caitlyn quickly lost interest, meanwhile both Mom & Dad (or at least Mom) was near the blubbering point in seeing her big girl where her baby sister now is.
Life continues to roll on for us as parents. Each day I wake up thinking, oh my gosh, I have to do this all over again... Even though I've found a good groove and really find myself enjoying the challenge over all, I must admit I have my moments where all I want is to lock the doors to ward off any impending interruptions and sit in my "cone of silence" otherwise known as the small bathroom with the loud fan and warm shower. Although we have attempted to introduce a bottle to Caitlyn with both Mommy milk and formula she will have none of it. Outwardly I show despair and frustration, while inwardly I secretly covet knowing that my last little baby is still solely dependent on me, at least for a little longer..
Ashley has wrapped up her 1.5 hour 2 times a week Preschool Camp for the summer as well as our Friday library reading hour. Don't they know that there is a WHOLE month before activities for 2 year olds start up again? What's a Mother to do when all the activities for kiddos end at the beginning of August? Don't they know that I have an infant, and a job to squeeze in? They couldn't possibly be so cruel as to knowingly take away my opportunity to grocery shop without a curious, sticky fingered 2 year old, could they?? Break Shmeak

No comments:
Post a Comment