Sometime's Josh and I feel like we are counting the weeks until Ashley will be sleeping through the night. We are told that it happens (or can happen) around week 8-10. We feel Ashley is an overachiever already so we are thinking 8 weeks is going to be it (please say yes). Most of the time I feel like I'm on a Merry-G0-Round and I can't get off. Every 3 hours like clockwork I'm summoned by a hungry girl. We somehow manage to get through each week though and the pay off is right around the corner. In fact, this morning Ashley actually smiled at me as I came to get her out of bed! She also for the first time was able to track both me and Josh with her eyes when we went from left to right in front of her. That was really cool to see. I also wanted to show you that Ashley is friends with more than just frogs. The local bugs also seem to take a liking to her. I don't know if you can read her onsie but it says "Night Owl" - yes that would be appropriate. Some of the nicknames we have for her: snuggle bug, squirmy worm, milk dud (especially after a feeding), precious, pretty girl, and the coffee maker (for the times she is working out her bottom - Josh and I will often laugh and say, "I'll take decaf" or something along those lines because she sounds like she is percolating. Do you see her big blue eyes?? They are just like mommy's. And on a side note, hurray!! Mommy was able to get into a pair of non-maternity jeans when she went out on a date with daddy this past week. Aunt Shelly came to babysit.
Friday, March 28, 2008
5 Weeks
Sometime's Josh and I feel like we are counting the weeks until Ashley will be sleeping through the night. We are told that it happens (or can happen) around week 8-10. We feel Ashley is an overachiever already so we are thinking 8 weeks is going to be it (please say yes). Most of the time I feel like I'm on a Merry-G0-Round and I can't get off. Every 3 hours like clockwork I'm summoned by a hungry girl. We somehow manage to get through each week though and the pay off is right around the corner. In fact, this morning Ashley actually smiled at me as I came to get her out of bed! She also for the first time was able to track both me and Josh with her eyes when we went from left to right in front of her. That was really cool to see. I also wanted to show you that Ashley is friends with more than just frogs. The local bugs also seem to take a liking to her. I don't know if you can read her onsie but it says "Night Owl" - yes that would be appropriate. Some of the nicknames we have for her: snuggle bug, squirmy worm, milk dud (especially after a feeding), precious, pretty girl, and the coffee maker (for the times she is working out her bottom - Josh and I will often laugh and say, "I'll take decaf" or something along those lines because she sounds like she is percolating. Do you see her big blue eyes?? They are just like mommy's. And on a side note, hurray!! Mommy was able to get into a pair of non-maternity jeans when she went out on a date with daddy this past week. Aunt Shelly came to babysit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment